Monday, February 1, 2010

Half-Way Point!

Hey guys – I can’t believe I’m at the half-way point already! I had my 20 week ultrasound and we found out what the baby is! It’s a………………………..girl!

The ultrasound was SO cool! It was amazing what you could see – the toes, ribs, spine, heart beating, even her yawn! Sean (hubs) and Brittney (my sis) were there with me. Thank goodness my sis was there – she is going to make a great ultrasound tech. She was pointing everything out to us and explaining what the real tech was taking pictures of – she was grrrreat!

The ultrasound tech we had was a real lame-o! No energy and just plain boring. You could tell she was totally uninterested and going as quickly as possible.

I’ll tell ya what… after seeing that, it makes having a babe pretty real. Sometimes I have moments in the day when I’m just going about my day and all of a sudden I realize, shit, I’m having a baby! Sorry for the language, but it’s really what I’m thinking! It’s like a moment of panic, but then I think about seeing her face for the first time and I almost start crying - geez, these emotions are crazy!

Right before I had the ultrasound done, I had my routine appointment… yes, the dreaded scale made its normal appearance. Uh, after stepping on it (shoes off!) the nurse chuckled and said, “wow” I’ve had two people at that exact same weight today!” Is it bad that I wanted to punch her face off?

It was a little traumatic to see that I had a weight spike. This is technical term the dr’s call it – they believe it makes you feel better). I like to think of it as a love spike.

The thing that really blew my mind was that after I saw the ultrasound, the love spike totally disappeared from my head… as if it had never happened. Can you believe this? Who would have thought seeing my baby could cure my feelings of PSTD (post traumatic stress disorder – ha!). It’s true – the baby cast a spell on my heart and I felt instantly better.

I can only think to myself that this must be one blessing of having a child… it’s not all about you anymore. I’m sure at times this will not feel like a blessing, but for me – it’s a good thang!

True love is awesome!

1 comment: