Friday, January 22, 2010

Have You Been Hit by the Weary Wand?

Standing in my closet, looking at my clothes I started thinking, ok, I can’t wear that, my boobs will SO look like a hooker in that top, I can’t wear that, too tight, no way in hell I’m getting those buttoned… yes it’s true, I no longer see what I’m going to wear, I see what I can’t wear. A bit sad and depressing however, I do prefer to look on the bright side - the less choices I have, the less time it will take me to decide, right?

As I was pondering what to wear this morning I thought to myself… even though I’m preggers I can still be fashionable, right!? When you become a mom, does that mean that you need to get beat down by the weary-dreary wand? I think not!

I have always loved fashion and I still do. I refuse to purchase moo-moos, granny tops, and pants that look like they jumped out from the 80’s just because I have a baby bump. I refuse to give in to the attitude, well; I’m going to be a mom now, so there’s no point in looking nice or at least trying to look human.

Sorry to all the moms out there who do not share my opinions, but I need to feel hot, sexy and good about myself. Otherwise, who am I – just a mom? Hell no! I am a woman who loves herself, who is learning to love this new body of hers and who still loves fashion.

I hear what you’re saying… ha, ha – wait until the baby comes and who get no sleep. I’m aware that it will be rough in the beginning and yeh, maybe I will look a little less like myself and be too exhausted to dress nice, do my hair, or take a shower, but that is temporary.

I will not forget who I am. I will not become one who forgets about herself just because she is now a mom. I will love myself and continue to take pride in my looks, my body and most importantly my inner-self! I will not follow the crowd and make excuses, I will not be lazy and turn into Kelly at age 50…

I will be me! I will love and care for my child, but I will also love and care for myself. So, to all of you out there – suck it! Take some time for yourself, stop feeling so damn guilty just because society makes you feel so, do something for you and know you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment