Friday, January 1, 2010

Where it all began

Hey guys - I'm so excited to see some of my friends and family already following me - it makes me smile! I have so much to write about, I'm not quite sure where to begin, but I guess that's better than having writers block!

I guess I'll begin by telling you where I'm at now...

  • 15 weeks & 5 days preggers
  • 34 years old
  • First time pregnant
  • Married (to an awesome man and my best friend)
  • One dog, two cats
  • working full-time in marketing
  • living in suburbia
Funny, I found out I was pregnant randomly while watching the Kourtney & Khloe Kardashian show (real quality TV folks!). Oddly enough it was the episode where Kourtney found out she was preggers. So, I figured why not, I'll take a test.

The test was positive. At first I just walked away - it didn't really sink in. Then I went back about a half hour later and I remember saying "oh f***!" I took another test that same day to make sure and it was positive as well.

When my husband got home from golfing that day I couldn't wait to tell him, although I should have waited until he was sitting down because he looked as if he would pass out any minute (in a good way). He kept asking me... really!?

The next day I still didn't believe it. I bought another test (a different brand) and took another two tests - they too were positive. It still wasn't sinking in, so I made a dr. appointment. I also made them give me a blood test to be sure.

Low and behold it was positive and that is where it all began...!

1 comment:

  1. nothing like taking the plunge! you wont regret it...well maybe a little when you are sleep deprived...or when the terrible twos hit...or when they get their permit to drive (very scary)...BUT i cant imagine life without them!!! congratulations to you both and i am sooooo proud of you kel!!! (using my shawn's account :) ana (aka - mom)

    ReplyDelete