Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'd Rather Have a Root Canal

First of all, I’d like to thank all of you for your love, support, and most encouraging posts! You have truly touched my heart and I know I have made the right decision to start this blog!

Ok, so I want to talk about prenatal Dr. visits today and the worse thing about them. One of the most terrifying things for me is yes; you guessed it – the dreaded scale! I already have a million things going on with my body, as a matter of fact, I don’t even feel like I’m in my own body and they want me to step on a scale so I can see how much weight I’ve gained –what!? Do I get a prize? Unfortunately no, zip, nada, zero-prize-o!

So, as you can see getting on the scale for me every four weeks is pure torcher, and yes, I’d rather have a root canal. However, I have developed a coping mechanism… I don’t look at the weight when I’m on there – I simply close my eyes and wait for the nurse to say, “ok, you’re done.”

Oh, and the other thing you’re aloud to do is take off your shoes. I know, some of you are probably thinking… come on Kel your shoes only weigh like 1-lb., but to me every pound counts!

Did you know, some countries in Europe, pregnant women don’t get weighed at all during their visits – I wish our American Dr.’s had the same sensitivity!

Alas, life goes on and no matter what every visit I can expect to get weighed, but the way I have to look at it is that my baby and all the other junk in there are the ones gaining the weight which is a good sign. Ultimately I want the healthiest baby I can have, so I do my best to keep that in mind and try not to focus on the extra “love” that’s been added to my bod.

No comments:

Post a Comment